Let's snook 'em

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sickly Chinese New Year

Only one post in February. Man, I am even disappointed in myself. Chinese New Year was bad for me this year. I have contracted a flu virus from the office and I started to fall ill on the day before the reunion dinner. I woke up on Friday morning with a fever and headache. Couldn't work on that Friday for sure.

We were originally planning to leave for Sungai Petani on Saturday morning. Since I couldn't drive all the way back, we have decided to depart on Friday midnight. The whole world decided to do the same thing. As a result, it took twice the normal time to reach Ipoh. Suzanne took over the driving from Sg Perak onwards. We finally reached Sungai Petani after 6 hours of journey.


My fever started to fade on Monday. So we made our annual pilgrimage to Penang on Monday afternoon. The children enjoyed the beach very much.

We went back to PJ on Tuesday morning and the traffic was no better. I resumed work on Thursday and Friday. Just when I thought I would completely recover from the flu, the fever came back on Sunday and I have been on medication again since. Tomorrow would mark the second week that I am having this flu bug in my system. I may need to see a third doctor if my condition doesn't improve by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home