Let's snook 'em

Monday, March 19, 2007

Fireflyz

Soon the northern sky will be filled with orange colour. We already have blue and red. Yes, the colour of the new community airline is orange. Get this. Firefly is not Malaysia's second budget carrier. Firefly is actually Malaysia's first community airline. I hope Firefly is not a CSR exercise by MAS.

Yes, I was correct. www.firefly.com.my does not belong to FlyFireFly Sdn Bhd. The proper url is www.fireflyz.com.my. So cute. Adding the letter "z" is so Malaysian. I guess www.firefly.com.my was too expensive to buy out. Bookings can only be made through this web site in middle May. In the mean time, please use MAS 24 hours call centre to book your free ticket (only 2000 tickets available). Yes, Firefly is using MAS infrastructure until it is ready to stand on its own. You can also call 603-7845 4543.

Can you tell me if you notice any similarity between all three carriers' web sites?








Now, I thought this ad looks interesting. Looks like Fokker planes are making a comeback.


Just in case, you think I am being critical of FireFly, I am not. I actually look forward to see Firefly take off on 2 April. We always like to see other people fight. As kids, whenever we see 2 children fight, the rest of them will encourage and even clap their hands. I don't know why. In this case here, while there is no direct war between Firefly and AirAsia but I do believe the Penangites will benefit in the long run. To borrow AirAsia's tagline, now every Penangite can fly.

p/s: I read Penang Island has a new bus service too called RapidPenang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home