Let's snook 'em

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Langkawi (Updated)

langkawi

I am planning to visit Langkawi for a holiday before I start work in my new company. The Raya week seems like the best timing at the moment although it means I need to pay a surcharge for peak period. We have not gone for a holiday since the birth of Dan. We will be flying to Langkawi with the children for the first time. I am sure John will be excited. Dan and Matthew may be too young to know the understand the significance.

Now, planning a holiday for the entire family is a totally new experience for me. It was easy to book holidays for 2 adults. We could stay in any decent hotel but I am worried that any decent hotel may not be good enough for the children. On the other hand, our budget is tight and hence we can forget any hotels that are rated 4 stars and above. I have surfed two web sites, MyLangkawi and Langkawi Resorts. I found Langkawi Resorts web site to be more useful. I have narrowed down my hotel selection to Langkasuka Beach Resort. However, I am a bit hesitant after reading the following feedback on this hotel. I may not have any other choice since this hotel seems like the most decent hotel at the moment.

My colleague has suggested Hotel Helang which offers the same package as Langkasuka Beach Resort. Apparently, both hotels are sister hotels. Hotel Helang doesn't have a beach but you can use Langkasuka's beach since they are related. Hotel Helang seems more promising after I have checked the feedback. Unfortunately, this hotel is fully booked during the Raya week. It seems that the entire island will be packed during the Raya week. Perhaps I should change our holiday destination.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 am , Anonymous earl-ku said...

u got it abook already? actually somewhere near Pantai Chenang would dbe nice but the problem is the journey to Kuah town is damn far, bout 30 minutes drive ...

langkasuka is kinda far away if u are taking the bus, if u taking the plane its near la ...

for a cheap room try those resort near pantai chenang they are cheap, there is also the Awana Porto Malai, but one thing is for sure, you dont really need bookings to go there, there is alot of touts there to get you rooms ...

only book if you wan those big big hotels ... those small small ones are always available ...

 
At 6:51 pm , Blogger snooki said...

thanks a lot

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home